08:30 – 09:00
Registration and refreshments
09:00 – 09:10
Conference Chair opening remarks
09:10 – 09:40
Keynote address: 2020 – Turning operational risk from necessary evil to operational excellence
09:40 – 10:30
Panel discussion: Identifying and overcoming emerging operational risks
- What are the main categories?
- The key methods to identify and tackling emerging risks
- Reviewing the internal and external drivers
10:30 – 10:50
10:50 – 11:40
Panel discussion: Can we tackle new operational risk in 2020 and next five years
- Reviewing the drivers and challenges for new operational risk in 2020
- Identify priorities and key methods to tackle new operational risk
- Best measure to tackle new and foreseen upcoming operational risk
11:40 – 12:30
CRO panel: why operational risk is taking center stage as part of the wider risk strategy
12:30 – 13:30
13:30 – 14:10
The link between operational risk and regulatory compliance
- Non-Financial risks – a definition
- Trends and challenges
- How can compliance and Ops risk be successful together
14:10 – 14:50
Emerging trends in operational risk stress testing
- Why is the assumptions underlying the AMA model being challenged?
- Capturing relationships between operational losses and macroeconomic conditions
- Establishing appropriate differentiation between operational risk estimations under normal and stressed macroeconomic conditions
- How to use operational risk stress testing to create value beyond regulatory compliance
- Future of operational risk stress testing
14:50 – 15:10
15:10 – 16:10
Fireside Chat: Risk data analytics – the most talked about
- Latest trends on data analytics – data exploration, segmentation, statistical clustering, predictive modelling, event simulation as well as scenario analysis
- Monitor performance through risk sensitivity analysis, model key risk events scenarios – the most risk intelligent method in developing intervention and mitigation strategies?
- Leveraging machine learning and data analytics for advanced risk detection and prevention
- Regulating data analytics with stress testing as a tool for systemic risk
16:10 – 17:00
Lessons learned from high risk industries: using cutting edge tools to mitigate risk panel
09:00 – 09:50
Panel discussion: Strengthening cyber risk management and resilience to mitigate the ongoing threat landscape
- Challenges in developing a cyber-risk management approach within a bank
- How is the management of cyber risks evolving in the face of a persistent and growing threat
- How to apply scenario based analysis and how this can work within a banking risk framework.
- Tools to effectively support massive amounts of structured and unstructured operational data
- Grey areas for cyber risk policies and data privacy - a new challenge
09:50 – 10:40
Interactive session: The role of op risk in cyber security risk
With the advancement of technology cyber-attacks on financial institutions have been one of the most problematic issues for enterprises. Though investing on technologies can effectively prevent large numbers of cyber risk attacks, however, some incidents will escalate into significant business crises. Even with well-documented response plans, few organizations are sufficiently prepared. Because the threat landscape changes rapidly, responses cannot be perfectly scripted.
Here in this session we will simulate a real life cyber risk attack. Midway during the exercise, there will be an added challenge. This will test Operational Risk Heads and Managers in groups will be asked to actively think on their feet and come up with a plan to counter these challenges. Group leaders will present all findings on stage.
10:40 – 11:10
11:10 – 12:00
Practical application of AI and ML in operational risk while balancing innovation with security
- Auditing AI and Machine Learning outcomes
- Strategic partnerships and use of data
- Implementing AI in a proper and managed way whilst satisfying duty to customers
- Ethical considerations: Should AI be reading into personal life
- How algorithms interact with other algorithms
12:00 – 13:00
13:00 – 13:50
Panel Discussion: The geopolitical and country risks in 2020
- What is geopolitical and country risks?
- What are the current concerns we have that will affect operational risk?
- Analysing the key impact on business
- Identifying the key risk mitigating techniques
13:50 – 14:40
Panel Discussion: Evolution of climate risks
- What exactly is climate risk?
- How does climate risk affect new and current business
- What is the regulatory take on this?
- How it climate risk relatable to operational risk?
14:40 – 15:10
15:10 – 16:00
Roundtable discussions: Bring your questions, leave with your answers!
From session to roundtable - Take the day's most contentious issues and fully engage with your peers in small interactive roundtable discussions to drill down, share best practice and take away diverse approaches to the same challenge from your fellow industry peers.
- Risk Data Analytics in Fintech and Digitalization
- Cyber and Technology Risk
- Emerging Regulatory Focus
16:00 – 16:50
Panel discussion: Learning from sectors outside of finance in operational risk
- How do we create the right framework for best practice in operational risk?
- What we can learn the best practice from other industries e.g. transportation, aviation, casinos, military units
- Insurance as an effective operational risk mitigants